Tuesday 31 July 2012

missing important days

your turning 60 this year, I remember a few years ago you were already telling people you were 59...I think you were only 56 then, we both laughed and now time has passed and you are 59:)...

anyway I don't write as much as I should and I don't send you the birthday packages or even cards that I should but I just want you to know that this year, your birthday has been on my mind and my heart so much...I think it's cause I went to Linds parent's combined 50th birthday-it was put on by Linds and she invited friends and relatives of her parents throughout their lives...it was so sweet and I only noticed this because Linds mum made a very eloquent thank-you speach about how looking around the room she saw her life in stages by the people that came to the party she said that by looking at the people around the room she remembered the good times of each stage of her life...I think, right then. I just thought of you...and who will celebrate you...who will show up to remind you that not just now, or even a very long time ago...but every step along the way there were good times represented by people in the same hemisphere, country, city, room as you...that night I missed all those moments I haven't been able to show you my presence through the years, all the parties I can't not plan or forget to plan or just stress out about and then make you plan anyway:)...to celebrate you.

now I know you and dad are ultra positive people...and you will be tired anyway from all your travels so you might not even remember your party...but I still think a little celebrating and just being able to be with someone you shared life with is special...and mam, we have shared some life you and me:) I miss not being able to celebrate your birthday...

so I am sending my heart to you on the worldwide web...and wishing you the best party ( hope dad and your friends are planning it well) and when you think about starting a new year and wrapping up all the other years...well I hope you know how special you are...and how many people would love to be in that room with you...celebrating with you...and I will be thinking of you all week until then too...

I LOVE YOU

No comments: