Sunday 29 July 2012

Furrry gifts and Faith

The other day my roomate saw our window well coverings to the basement windows were asque, peeked in...a family of kittens and their mother. Calico mother with two orange one black and two calico babies...the babies were dry with eyes open so maybe not brand new but still...so cute. We all came out and ooo'd and awed over the little bundles of joy. I even thought of emailing my landlords with and email announcing they were grandparents to baby kittens...but then the reality of it all set in.
A stray mother cat, our window well, we are all leaving in a month, babies are fragile, who will take care of them? What are we going to do?
I went down the street to the neighborhood cat lady and asked her if she lost a cat or was interested in kittens...she said no, she told me to take them to the humain society. After coming home and talking with roomates it seemed like this was probably the best option for this little family...but today. One by one the babies are leaving, the mother is rehiding her family. We are down to two little ones....I'm torn. part of me is so sad, disapointed I can't help but then there is another part that is happy that this mother is so capapble, she is taking this on, and she has decided to go.
Today I learned about faith. Faith isn't a belief so much as a trusting relationship...sometimes I find this earthshattering...so even though I don't feel it, can't muster some, never seem to follow through with...I got me some faith. BOOM. 

No comments: