Thursday 29 March 2012

Matt 15

He was done, he had fed 5,000 people walked on water, then been questioned by some religious teachers, but as he left that place one last person followed him. One loud person followed him. He was spent from days of demands, and as she followed him crying out, he was silent. The disciples asked him to send her away...she was so loud and annoying, she wouldn't stop. And thats when he told her, she wasn't born the right kind of person, "I was sent for those of Israel" she knelt before him, still pleading...was she deaf? so he said it another way..."I don't feed my children's food to dogs"...not moving, as if she wasn't offended at all she replied, "but even dogs get scraps off the family dinner table"... He not only did what she asked, he called her a woman of great faith.
This story has bugged some people I know alot. How could he call her a dog? Hoenestly, that never really bugged me that much. God can call me anything he wants as long as he takes me to heaven. I was more impressed with her ability to be 'that person'. The one who is loud, stands out, makes people uncomfortable  in a croud...the one who won't shut up...and he didn't call her annoying. He didn't throw anything at her, or chase her away. He talked to her, he engaged the crazy person in a conversation. And then with everyone hearing he called her a woman of faith. He didn't say that to the nice quiet helpful women following him for months cooking his meals and being all round great people. No, he picked the crazy woman running after them yelling at the top of her lungs to call someone with great faith. 
and thats why I like Jesus.

No comments: