Monday 3 October 2011

Accomplished.

I want to hug a prostitute. I told God that. I also told him, I am me, so you might have to work alittle to make that happen...I mean, you said you would give me the desires of my heart but I dont really hug strangers...ever. Bottom line-I just want to show someone that we are 'sisters' you know?!? Anyway, I kinda left it at that. I figured God is God and if he wants me to hug someone...it'll happen.

Actually I didn't think God really wanted me to hug anyone. I just didn't see the me i know and the world around me, jelling like that...I am not really a hugger. And what is with this weird inclination to hug a stranger anyway, I must be going crazy.

Months pass...one roomate leaves, another roomate arrives...and my new roomie hasn't quite gotten used to our neighborhood. She worries over us abit.

Well, one morning, I got up extra early and decided to just go to school early and study there, It was still dark out, outside, the night life still hadn't quite left the streets yet. And one of the slightly intoxicated girls seeing me approach her corner, faced me head on, "Can I have a hug?"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?! I gave her a hug, I didn't really know what else to do at that point. and thats when it got alittle crazy even more non me-ish...we started walking together towards my bus stop. We talked, or she talked really. And then all of a sudden, she stopped at the corner of the block and told me, "this is as far as I can go."

I didn't really know what to do, but I just told her, "I'll say prayers for you." She actually got excited when I said that and told me her name and thank-you...and then we hugged again, like it was normal, like we were friends.

then I walked away from her corner, to my bus, to another world of school and deadlines...

Anyway, when i got home that evening I told my roomie about how I got to hug a prostitute. Only to find out, she had been praying for me that morning as I left the house.

Thank-you God.

No comments: