Monday 15 August 2011

Not Your Average Bear

Sometimes I am not the quickest.

Things take time to sink in

I might just be the last one laughing at the joke, but always the loudest once I do

but lately I finally connected why i am so obsessed with birth order...It's kinda annoying that I am such a birth order freak, for instance the fact that I have to point out that both my sisters married third borns, so did some cousins...I also go into how personality is affected by birth order, but usually end up by somehow mentioning that third borns are probably the most complex, amazing, insightful children...and now to the reason that took so long for me to figure out... it's my nickname.

yang ketiga....literally translated to number 3...

when my dad was learning a new language he decided to call me bungsu, or youngest...makes sense, I was the baby of the family for a time, then BAM my bro came a long and I was no longer bungsu...his creative alternative became my life long obsession...to prove that number 3 is probably the sweetest sound most people will ever hear being hollered at them...to know that just because your title changes your birth order never will....I will always be...

yang ketiga

ahhhhhhhhh sometimes when i have these revelations I am so proud of myself, for finding the reason behind things...seeing how little things can become such big deals to people, my Dad probably never thought that his 'quick fix' alternative to my nickname would stick around so long, or make me the annoying birth order master that i am...

just because firstborns are the stars, second borns are so quick, third borns have their own special charm, just you wait, maybe keep waiting a bit more, still more...third borns will get to ya.

1 comment:

Kim said...

i just caught up on a bajillion of your posts! i like reading bits of your life. thanks for still blogging!