Sunday 24 July 2011

My job...

"Do you think i can wear this?" a customer asks.

Seriously?!! I really could care less, but minimum wage is calling, and so I stop, assess, and sell.

Then, there are the husbands who won't let their wives buy something without a parting shot, like, "Well, you'd better wear it if your going to get it." Not only was I mad he said that, after all they didn't come to the mall to not shop, but he killed the sale so 1/2 hour of work...gone, out the door...

Then there are the teenage girls who have no clue what looks good on them but...I need this cause all my friends have it, "okay...but do all your friends have DD cup size?" cause that look is for AAA's but out she walks with something that she will wear a T-shirt over all summer cause she had to get the style her friends do...

the know it all's who tell you exactly what they want and then buy the opposite...hehehehe take that!

when mother's and daughter's come in...such a good time until there is more than one daughter, as soon as there is a second daughter for some reason competition, jealousy, and general bad attitudes ruin the sale...

the women who haven't bought a suit in years...I luv them, they let you pick out anything and sometimes your both surprised at what they decide to purchase...but usually a fun time...

sorry friends (and sisters) but some of the worst sales are from stay at home mum's...not gonna lie...they are hard to please, treat you like crap...and don't usually buy much...sometimes it's super fun when they bring in all their kids-cause then you make the store into a gigantic hide and seek game, or get them to help you put all the clothes away using the rods...boys luv the rods...they think it's so cool to put things back on the highest shelf, but in general these women are always cold or just plane rude...

the really narcissistic women who try on the whole store and make you rate them in every single suit and then walk out without buying a thing...seriously!

the boyfriend who sits playing on his iPhone while the girl gets you to say your opinion...I don't get it...why me? he's the one who cares so just ask him...

the I-just-lost-20-pounds women, they are fun and even though they don't buy all the time, it's kinda fun cause they are so excited and that makes you excited and then it's like a pep rally in the store..."go team!"

pregnant women. nuf said. very cute, usually fun, hard sale.

the husband's who just come in and buy what there wife is going to wear...I am like, "We do have gift cards available..." He replies, "No, that's not special enough, I'll get her this."
"She'll love it." I smile...and when he's gone i laugh, and laugh and laugh...

my fav was this very "I'm-too-cool-for-school" sports chick who needed something to cover up her tattoo...school outing or something and so she would probably not wear it again but she needed it...I got her what she wanted and she was happy so at the till I couldn't help myself, "What's the tattoo of?" She looked so sheepish, "It's a lily." then she quickly added, "I know right; but it's actually really dope." I think I said something stupid like, "Lily's are great." She did not strike me as the lily type...she made me think of a line from my fav movie, you can't take it with you, "The die is cast, I am a lily,"

yup, lily's are very dope.

No comments: