Tuesday 26 July 2011

Me from the block

Sometimes when I walk home i see them, they are skin and bones, wearing tight clothes and fab shoes...I don't really talk with them, once I tried to be friendly as I walked by, smile and say hello, once i almost started running cause she looked angry with me, 'angry' is the only one who's made eye contect with me so far. We walk the same streets but somehow it feels like we live in two different dimensions of reality. Mostly they make me pray. I pray for Jesus. Maybe I'm weird, or just scared, maybe i don't get it, maybe I should pray for other things like them to break their drug habit, be freed from their pimps, have a decent meal, use condoms, maybe I should even start doing all this, get funding to empower these women...I should be more practical, and start with practical prayers...but no, I just pray that they will know that someone is there with them, in that place. I just pray that whoever they are, wherever they go, whatever they do, no matter how dark; they know God knows their name and can still find them.

No comments: