Monday 4 April 2011

Because being me is sometimes too much...

So, finals are approaching, I have a huge major project to put together in a clear and logical way (which for me is probably the hardest thing to do) and it called for snow...so what did I do all weekend???? Nothing, I am the most talented person i know at being productively un productive. It's not that i cleaned the house for my roomie, took a walk, read a book, avoided the homework with other work...I just didn't do anything...you may think this impossible...so many people i know don't understand how one can possibly do nothing and be satisfied at the end of the day...their all doer's...they totally don't get the satisfaction of being. Just being, oh yes, yes, i can!
as life would have it, my new computer decided to be broken...yup...all my clinical work that is on this computer is still here but I couldn't connect up to internet or figure out how to get it on a thumb drive to somehow hand it in or show someone I had been working...up until now that is...you think I would have taken it in someplace on the weekend and dealt with that problem, but no, that would have been doing something productive...I was too busy being...
Then it snowed. Not just snow though, rain and snow at the same time...weekend of death!!!!
I thought of calling in for my shift at work on sunday, but then i decided well, they do pay me to be productive there so...despite the inner warnings that this weekend was just not meant to be productive, I checked the bus routes and lefts for work...it's a 14 minute car ride from where I live to work but I leave an hour and a half early due to Winnipegs belief that buses shouldn't run on Sundays...fine i can deal with that...I specifically planned a route that would have me outside the least so I could stay out of the ick weather...
the bus drivers didn't get my memo...and so i missed my second bus. Mehhhh, slight frustration growing, enjoyment of being dissipating...decided not to wait in the bus shelter for the next ride to maybe get me to work on time...I thought I will use my bus savvy to find another route and yes, I ventured out into the cold, wet, horridious weather without a hat or scarf and no rubber boots...I was inwardly proud of the sacrifice I was making of my hair and face in order to get to work in time...I walked 20 minutes to the other bus stop, there was no shelter, and much to my dismay found out that, that specific bus doesn't run on sunday's...inner ragey person slowly awakening...walked another 20 minutes to catch the route I hadn't wanted to wait for hoping I would still make it to work in time...hair plastered to my face, mascara racing down my face, cover-up leaving the massive zit I tried so hard to cover earlier that morning and then to top it all off I discovered my boots leak. Great. by this time I would say I was no longer being anything but a cauldron of flames which were boiling quite nicely...Thankfully there was a bus shelter so i could wait for the bus without getting more wet and cold...feeling traumatized by how heinous I looked I wondered what supplies I had in my bag to clean myself up a bit...nothing...because planning ahead would have been too productive...and then, then I discovered emergency monthly 'supplies'...thought for a minute and decided, it can't get any worse...so as cars were stopped at the light right in front of me, there I am, in the bus shelter wiping my face with super absorbent 'supplies'...and then the bus came.
As i stepped into the bus, the very same driver of the bus I had gotten off of earlier-to transfer for the quick connection that I missed-welcomed me with, "hello, again."
I almost lost it, I wanted to reach across and shake him...I was so mad, I don't think I have ever been so mad in my entire life...instead I just glared, walked to a seat and sat down...I congratulated myself at keeping the raging beast of anger under control enough to do that...a kid smiled at me...I glared back.
I did get to work on time, I did look like a drowned rat the whole shift, I did earn 30 dollars for all that...and you may be wondering what the point I want to make here is...
the moral of the story you might say...but there isn't one...
Day 7 sucked!

1 comment:

Jen said...

:) I like you.