Wednesday 16 March 2011

I could start my paper, but I won't.

Tonight is survivor night-me and my roomate watch it. She apparently has always been a fan. I watched it back in the day, when it was still this new way of doing television...reality TV, where your real life is recorded and edited till it looks semi interesting and the drama of the natural unfolds...hahahahahaha...anyway, back on track. I somehow lost Survivor in the midst of so many other rivals over the years...Now survivor is the granddaddy of many other winner reality shows we all know and love like, big brother (aka in prison with random strangers who tan lots), amazing race (aka actually amazing, cept for they don't pick canucks to be on the show), the bachelor (aka hot guy makes out with 25 clueless girls) and the bachelorette (aka cute girl dates 25 eligible men and picks the one thats younger than her). The list goes on but I have seen at least one season of all these shows which while never actually resembling reality to me always manage to suck me in; in a sick sort of fascinating while disgusting me all at the same time way that has proved to be my downfall.
Side note: my mother says her side of the family has an adictive personality...I blame my Ranch genes...I think it's the ranch side she was talking about...
Now, I am back to where it all began...Survivor... it' s got me in it's grip...proving yet again that a TV program does not have to have any sort of mental stimulation, purpose or worth other than simply being something on TV for me to watch...for me to sit down and love it...
Side note: I am also of mennonite background which brings with it this incredible gift of self-incrimination or an innate need to hate anything that resembles anything that doesn't directly impact the greater good of mankind and cause an end to social injustice and bring world peace...
So it ends up being quite the reflective process to first find a way to thoroughly enjoy my program and the moment the TV is off and the realization of what I just did hits me thoroughly reproaching myself for what I have done.
I am not sure where I am going with this blob...but Survivor is on in an hour and somehow I have to find some sort of redeeming quality in for me to justify watching it to my menno-side...
thinking
thinking
thinking
Exercise!!!!
I am going to walk down, as in take the stairs instead of the elevator, to the TV room and blood will circulate and I will think so much clearer for my clinic day tomorrow if I do this...I will interview my client so much better, i will listen more and so to Survivor I will go...

No comments: