Friday 11 March 2011

The earth is tired

Sometimes, when I am in my little cold world here in the peg, shut in by blizzards and all i can hear is the sound of wind gusting around the corner of my building, this is all there is. It feels like i am trapped in this endless blowing wind and snow and although there is more world out there. i know this in my head, for right now, all that ends and there is only the blanket of white and howling outside. Somewhere out there, in this great big world, there are people whose lives just tore right apart...broken by nature...lost in a storm...not winter and this cold tomb I am in, but the earth actually breaking apart right underneath them and then water crashing down around them...I can't imagine the earth just opening like that and swallowing me up...I can't imagine how sad it must be to just stand on those empty broken streets and realize that not only are your loved ones gone, but your life is forever changed, your whole world, your little patch of earth just broke underneath you...the earth is old and tired, falling apart around you...
Someone out beyond this white is suffering...but I am cocooned in this place, frozen

No comments: