Sunday 9 January 2011

the deleted post...

yes mums, i did delete grace...it was wrong you see... i won't go into it anymore...there is nothing more boring than reading anothers half baked or faltering theology...but I have been having a week of merton...my favorite monk...i love how he doesn't have to finish every train of thought into one climactic reasonable point. he lets you wander and take detours while you contemplate his contemplations...it's quite fun, I kind of like the crazy cycle of minds jumping off each other to travel in different directions...also, I feel like there is an eccentric charm in the fact that sometimes he makes no sense at all, possibly because I then feel that I don't have to make sense in my own meandering thoughts about...well everything...because in a world caught up with the bottom line, or a complete sentence, the scientific answer, the party line, linear thinking, or making a decision...there is still a whole lot of mystery out there, there is lots we can't understand or see...
so here's to not having to make sense but having a marvelous time enjoying the ability to use our 'little gray cells' as Hercule Poirot would say and simply taking the time to wonder....

No comments: