Tuesday 19 October 2010

time

crate full of thoughts
poured out on the deck
lifted by the breeze
paper memories fly
I'm standing on deck
numb with
the ebb and flow of life

can I have a little more time
to catch you from your flight
to snare your wings
collect your feathers
imprisoning your light
in the cage of my heart
in the bowels of the ship
deep down from prying eye's
I'll keep you here
and just let days roll by

can I have a little more time
because I can't follow too
where sea meets sky
I'm carried by the tide
grasping to keep hold of
the memory of you
in the crashing waves of life

mehh...read on facebook about a friend's page being pulled down, she died awhile ago, but something her mum wrote in response to the news made me cry alittle...a man in my church had a sudden heart attack and died, and then last night a girl who alot of my nursing friends know was hit by a car and died, she was barely out of high school...just kinda heavy when you get hit with mortality and frailty of life...

1 comment:

Musicallucy said...

I know what you mean with this post... I've been there... and going through these feelings now... the reality of morality when it's hitting you in the face is probably one of the worst feelings I've experienced...