Friday 25 June 2010

Dear Canadian Mennonite University

To whom it may concern,

I will be staying at Canadian University with the chess group that has booked rooms and I am letting you know I am wheelchair bound. I am glad to see that your facilities are equipped to handle a case like mine. However, wheelchair bound that I am, I am in charge of providing security for the chess players. I took this upon myself as i happened to notice that your city is fraught with crime. One can never be too safe, and so I have organized a security detail for the chess club. It will consist of me, and some necessary items i will bring in order to maintain a secure atmosphere for the chess club. I will be bringing mace, handcuffs, a fog horn, and a special club. Concerning the club, it is about 2 1/2 feet long and resembles a fat baseball bat. Do not be alarmed. I do not intend on using the club unless provoked. My primary question is can I reserve a room for the security equipment that I will be bringing? This would also double as security office for myself. Could it also be in a central location so i would be able to visibly see the chess players at all times? I do use binoculars but have found that buildings can obstruct my view which hampers my job immensely. Good security is essential in allowing the chess players to better focus their skills and not worry about their safety. Thank you for your concideration and attention to this matter. I am looking forward to staying at your illustrious university during the month of July. You will recognize me as I will be wearing a black shirt that says security (in caps) in white along the chest for the duration of my stay.

Respectfully,

John Smith

1 comment:

Audra said...

WHAT?? I don't understand...
PS: only officers sworn in as peace officers can carry "mace." Security guards are NOT peace officers as defined by the criminal code.
PSS: "Mace" is a brand name. It's called OC Spray (Oleo-resin Capsicum).
PSSS: Or were you talking about mace as in, a mace and chain... if so, than that's one badass security guard. Mid-evil weapons rule.