Tuesday 22 June 2010

This post is brought to you by the letter M

As I have sat watching copious amounts of beautiful soccer plays I have come to notice a particular habit of, well, even coaching staff at the fifa world cup...spitting. At first I tried to narrow it down to a specific continent or even particular teams that might be the culprit for such an awkward habit. But no, it just is...which then brought me to thinking...I do that from time to time. And so here is my scientific rationalization for even thinking that spitting is now attractive because it is part of world cup soccer...

mucus...

no really, the natural way your body rids itself of harmful germs is through the movement of mucus-thats why we have embarrassing hairs in our nose- in soccer you run and run and your out in the open air with your open mouth shouting things and the mucus just wants to come out too...so I have pardoned all the spitting going on in South Africa for the sake of...mucus.

also since we are dealing with M's...can i just say that Argentina's player Messi is pretty much amazing. i do agree with the commentators calling him the golden boot...oh my word, I have practically fallen in love with his feet they make such pretty plays...Greece had 3 guys on him sometimes and his 2 feet made those other 6 feet look like a junior high boys feet at a dance...or mine for that matter...anyway, Messi has amazing feet but like all people he has his flaws...glaring, undeniable flaws like his haircut. He looks like a bad combination of Farrah Faucett and Steve Nash...maybe thats why I have noticed his feet so much cause everytime I look at his head I cringe alittle...this guy makes enough money to pay for a decent hair cut...he doesn't need to look like a Charlie's Angel...M is for Messi Makeover!

South Korea is moving on to face Uruguay...
And Mexico will face Argentina who are the only team to win every match in their pool so far...and so for all the haters...Maradonna might be a bit of a drama king...but his team is pulling it together which earned my respect; but I still think they haven't faced any real threat yet...
I mean the only real tricky part of their match against Greece was for the commentators who had to keep all the greek names straight...

"so we have pompdopolous, to enoudopolous, to christinopolous, back to pompodopolous...going deep to theolopodopolous...and now the Argentinians have intercepted with Veron, to Martinez, up to Messi and...."

You could pratically hear the commentators sigh of relief everytime the Argentinians had possession, it must have been tough keeping a straight face, I was laughing cause I thought is was just too funny...

1 comment:

mums said...

In China mucus is considered poison so every morning when we went to breakfast people would be getting 'rid' of the mucus via spitting in the garbage basket! Breakfast was not a 'healthy' occasion. Miss you.