Sunday 27 June 2010

Fifa Church

so germany played england and won. It was one of the best games I've seen so far this world cup and it made me think that England had more spunk than I originally gave them credit for...but deep down...and i do mean deep. This german squad has kinda won me over. They had me at Podolski...the German press called him lazy last week...(probably the worst thing you can say if your German) but I say, when he smiles the planet earth finds equilibrium...or stops spinning...or something. I just think that between all the young talent and speed that Germany has mixed with the intimidation factor of Sweinsteigler; well it's a pretty lethal mix.

Argentina is too arrogant, I was hoping for Mexico to snuff that flame out, but Maradona really has brought out something good in his players. And even though their win came with some questionable goal calls. A win is a win and this is sudden death elimination so as project runway would say, 'either you are in, or you are out.'

And whats with Brazil and Portugals match where no body did anything and Cristinao Rinaldo just pranced around like he didn't have a care in the world...or maybe he was planning his next clothing line...but really I feel like those players didn't get the memo that this is the world cup...this is where you make your country proud...playing it safe just looks so unattractive especially when lesser teams are playing amazing matches. The US against Ghana was so amazing, and Denmark being eliminated by Japan with some of the most amazing penalty goals ever...I was starting to think that no one scores on a corner kick, or free kick but Japan was amazing...

Anyway Japan now plays Paraguay on Tuesday morning-which i will be watching-my last Asian hope against my South American underdog...I am so conflicted...I want them both in! To play some scrappy football; and for Portugal and Brazil to get penalized for making thousands of people watch the most boring 2 hours of arrogant males strutting around doing nothing...

tomorrow I have to work so will miss out on the games...poop.

No comments: