Friday 28 May 2010

Supreeeeze!

Kathleen, "Maria, are you really 28? We are scrubbing the kitchen floor and talking about how old we are and someone said you are 28. Your not 28 right? Are you really 28? How old are you? Are you really 28?"

I reply, "Kathleen, how old do you think I am? Guess, and then I'll tell you how old I am."

Kathleen throws out, "22, I'd guess your 22, you can't be more than 23. Are you really 28?"

I reply, "Actually, I am 28."

Kathleen runs back to the kitchen floor where the rest of the cleaners are still discussing my age. Apparently this was their reaction.

Mika, " Bull shit!."

Glen, " I'd like to see her drivers license and birth certificate please."

Raquel, "I told you so, Maria told me last week she was 28, and i believed her."

Oblivious to this whole scenario, I finish my cleaning job and convince Ben to crank the music so we can dance into the kitchen and entertain the rest of the cleaning crew...we enter with Lady Gaga blaring that she can't answer her telephone...we are dancing...or trying to anyway...

they all look up as we enter...

Raquel, "None of them believed me when i said you were 28. I believed you the first time you told me."

Kathleen, "I can't believe your 28?! What did you do with your 20's?"

Alec, "If you were buying liquer from me. I would card you for sure."

I reply, "Thanks, Alec."

And to Kathleen I laugh..."Yes, I am 28. And as to my 20's, time flies when your having fun."

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hahaha! Funny story, and well told Maria! You are the best. And I love the response you gave - it was gracious and funny, and the whole situation shows that you're wisely making the most out of life and having fun, and not freaking out about little details like age. :)

Stefanie said...

AND I feel like the responses each person gave pretty accurately represents their respective personalities, haha! HILARIOUS!

Lindsey said...

Love it Mia! Thanks for the phone call yesteday. I'll call you sometime this weekend and update you on life. Ahhh!

Lexi said...

How do you do that? That's some incredible think-on-your-feet-wit you've got there.