Monday 24 May 2010

musical madness

i love singing while I work. With my partner Ben, who is a music major...we sing as we lock up campus on our night shifts. Tonight was the phantom of the opera, I was Sarah Brightman and he was the Phantom...
Then we started in on les miserables...the soundtrack to my life:)...fav line of any song anywhere, of all time...

a river's just a river...

it speaks to me.

Some nights it's good ole Nicole and Ewan Mcgregor...as I clean dirty ovens and scrub infested showers....

come what may...i will love it...

blah, blah blah...

also the elephant medley, I always think of my cousin Katherine when i sing,

you think that people, would have had enough of silly love songs...

and when i am alone and Ben is off dealing with people issues and I still have my head stuck in a toilet out comes Doris Day,

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

or

Que Sera sera...whatever will be...will be

I love my job, but like most jobs it does need a bit of pizazz thrown in now and then, so while I live the life of a stereotypical maid, the wallflower, the drudge, the background to the real people,

I dream a dream and
sing and sing and sing...

No comments: