Saturday 15 May 2010

summer

currently I am making applesauce...yup, I have been plodding along with the whole cooking resolution. This morning I made pancakes, what can I say, I am slowly turning into a domestic diva...PS that was a joke. I really find cooking intimidating even after almost 5 months of this resolution. But I have been thinking about it, and realizing that there was never a meal that my grandma made she was ever completely satisfied with. I dream of cooking like my grandma, if I feel unhappy about every meal i make but turn out food like her; I am in good company.
I was bemoaning the fact that I haven't made anything this week except pancakes, when my roomie Lexi told me that I 'make' my roomates happy...now that is a recipe for success people...
in a few moments i will be off to clean apartments and change sheets, maybe i can do some laundry too. Doing laundry and getting paid, this is truly a blessed place.
Tomorrow we might-as roomates-make a crepe breakfast...with boiled eggs...cause i randomly confessed that I have always thought that breakfast with boiled eggs is so...so... breakfasty? it's funny though, cause i am not an eggs first thing kind of person. That is, i don't wake up in the morning and feel like an egg. Ever. Not scrambled, or fried, or poached, or deviled...but for some reason, little boiled eggs, in egg cups, with fruit and coffee and crepes sounds so decadent and yummy.
So this summer, I clean, i cook, I egg...

3 comments:

Jen said...

You are awesome.
I always feel like eggs in the morning - must have been the farmer breakfasts that I grew up on :)
Crepes sound amazing too - might make those for supper now that you have inspired me!

Lindsey said...

Mia, the fact you are on month 5 of a new years resolution is impressive enough! Nobody lasts past January. I'm impressed!

Kim said...

i always appreciated that you love laundry!!