Friday 4 December 2009

Update...

It's snowing but a nice -10ish and just a great day to go for a walk and feel wintery white and christmas...

Isaiah is out of ICU...I guess he had been convulsing and although his fever is not gone and he is still in the hospital, he is now in a ward with one tired and worried parent at his side...last night I believe it was Leigh who sat up with him. He hasn't been eating well and is not bouncing back from this episode as well as his last one...but, a plane flew into the village where mum and dad were and they were given the go ahead to leave early and go help Tris and Leigh, so today they are en route to singapore...that is a huge answer to prayer. to think of Tris and Leigh and what they went thru seeing their son unresponsive just breaks my heart...thanks for praying. God is big and He is also so good. Don't know why all this had to happen but there is still so much to be thankful for and I am believing on this side of the world that He can take my prayers to cover their side of the world.

Andi called me this morning and her fam sang me happy birthday...it was probably the sweetest and nicest piece of music I have ever heard...maybe I just hadn't had a cup of coffee yet, but it sounded a little bit like angels to me...I don't know why but this year has been such a great birthday. 36 messages on facebook ( I luv facebook:) and my roomie suprised me with a cake and some of my bible study girls popping in to sing and eat it with me...I hung up the phone with my parents and in walk 6 girls singing to me...I had no idea she had even baked a cake much less how did she have time to round everyone up??? so nice...

and although I kinda was struggling with having such a good week here and my sister probably having the scariest one of her life...I don't know, I just believe God is big enough to be happy for me and strong for Tris too...this morning I went for brunch with Linds and had the best french toast I have ever eaten in my life...it was probably the most perfect morning ever...

thanks again for praying...

2 comments:

Lola said...

I'm so glad he's out of ICU. I'll pray for no more convulsions and no more fever at all. I'm so thankful your parents can make it.

Lindsey said...

glad you had such a great birthday mia! hope the shopping was successful! i'm still praying for your fam!