Saturday 21 November 2009

Theoretically speaking...

last night at Joey's there was a girl coughing in the corner...and her date was licking his whole hand as he was eating his fries....(do you not realize there is a swine flu going around and hands in mouths with dates that are spreading heinous disease filled saliva in public places is kinda gross...)
I ( I mean this theoretical person had there back to the coughing person) was looking across at one of her cousins and watching her face as this random girl kept coughing and coughing, and coughing...seriously it was too much after awhile, I had to look, I mean it was becoming the soundtrack to dinner...theoretically of course...alot of people looked at this girl...she was being so loud...
we however were very poised and calm during our dinner. We did not loose a ring on the floor and then burst out in peels of laughter as we 'lazy-susaned' the table to look for the lost ring. We did not erupt in laughter as the pregnant cousin got out of her chair and started to search for the ring...tears were not running down our faces and she proclaimed she was lead to move her chair to find said ring and return it to it's rightful cousin...I'm sure no one noticed us laughing, or weeping, or moving the table around and around and around...at one point I offered to drink brenda's iced tea-it was right in front of me...theoretically of course... this never actually happened...
because we were all grown women who do not cause scenes in restaurants, or laugh because sometimes silly things are funny...noooooo...silly things are silly and we put them in their place.
After about 4 1/2 hours someone checked her watch...we had been laughing and talking for 4 1/2 hours...I mean i was all up for fries and a rematch...that table was pretty easy to rotate and by this time the restaurant had filled up with all new tables around us so no one knew our fabulous trick...I guess you could say we would have had a new audience...
but like i said, we were very calm and dignified as we laughed and shared and talked. On a deeper note I always learn things from these ladies and I feel like they listen to me and my ramblings with big hearts...Oh, and I found the woman who i would like to look like when i am 6 1/2 months pregnant...my cousin. So i hope there are more of these....because yes, not only are we family and so we are genetically tied to eachother...but it's so fun to find out we can be friends and really (and this is for real and not theoretical any more) enjoy eachother.

quote of the evening... "Peace is a process"

thanks again for the dinner...when can we go again?

2 comments:

mums said...

Cool! I can only imagine. Praying you have a good week with studies, books, work and friends. I'm missing you.

Darcy, Wendy, Brianna, Luke, Jackson, Kaitie said...

I'm smiling just thinking about that night! So glad you could join us.
You are too kind! Looking forward to next time!