Saturday 28 November 2009

relationships 101

funny story...
so my friend came down to talk thru her relationship issues with...me???? what the crap. is this really happening, oh yes, all I could think was...God is laughing right now and it's not very funny.
You see my friends relationship is to the 'almost' engaged point...and questions she is dealing with right now are; should they? shouldn't they? or when is the perfect time?...because you know she's met the perfect someone so there has to be a perfect time..to this perfect relationship that will keep getting more perfect as they get engaged and then married on the perfect day... to have perfect children

and she came to me...an obvious laps of judgement on her part!

because at the grand old age that i am; I should inherently know about relationships and the perfect solution...
so here's what I told her....get ready for it....it's a killer...

life's not perfect. There you have it people...the biggest news flash to existence as we know it!

hahhahahahahahah sorry but I can't help but find this extremely funny...even though I am kinda laughing at me and with me all at the same time...who am I kidding, I know absolutely nothing about romantic relationships and I happen to be the biggest cynic of all time when it comes down to them...and me in them...

I just told her that if she actually wanted to wade through all this 'not perfectness' with this not perfect guy that she is not quite perfectly engaged to yet...then that is a big deal right there...if you what to and if your attached to him and he is attached to you too; than maybe this is just a speed bump....yep, actually said speed bump...pretty much was running out of metaphors...and expertise....

anyway, my whole point was...don't ever come to me for relationship advise ok...seriously not only does is not make any sense...seriously people...it's freakin me out...

go take a course, read james dobson, talk to a counsellor, I don't care what you do just please, please...don't go ask the resident single girl...seriously it's only funny for about a second...

3 comments:

Kim said...

i seriously enjoyed this post Mia! and your great wisdom, sending love.

Jen said...

:)

Courtney said...

It is so not perfect.... And I love you... I think what you told her is perfect....