Saturday 4 July 2009

I may not know my watershed, but I know my waterfall...

A Speaker here at CMU talked about the decay of moral values and family due to our lack of knowledge of where we come from and what we are connected too. the land, animals and our watershed...all pushed aside by 7-11 and the local grocery store...I think his point was that we don't get connected to anything because everything is right at our fingertips...seemed kinda deep..deep is good I guess...
Alex left for cali today...it was a short summer vaca but so nice for her to come and see Linds and me...Linds parents were great, 3 girls taking over their house and Linds mum baked us cookies so when we got back from the cottage well...lets just say even though we weren't that hungry the cookies were calling to us, they needed to be in our tummies...
and today it hardly seems that a week ago we were looking forward to all this vacationing...but we certainly packed alot in, walks and canada day and independance day...well coffee and breakfast together...
Alex is the same as always, she got straight to my emotional health and had major insights into my life-it was very medicinal....my midwife friend who still helps little babies as they come into the world...Alex, I am in awe:)...and then I shrunk her sweater....I KNOW (that is me lamenting very loudly)...what kind of friend does that...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
but I felt like we all worked thru some waterfalls this week...
then we watched Revolutionary Road...it kinda wrecked me...I thought the movie was deep and insightful and wasn't getting to attached to it...and then the last frame was of the realestate ladies husband turning down his hearing aid and remembering. I don't even know if the movie was about this, but I felt like, he was remembering dreams, beauty, hope, loss, life...and that made the movie for me...now I wouldn't recomend the movie to anyone because it had some bad stuff in it...so don't watch it...but seriously I am glad I did, Alex and Linds glad we did Bride Wars too...thanks for the waterfall...thanks for the memories...
k now I am packing like a mad woman...

1 comment:

Alexandra Michel said...

its totally okay about the sweater!!! i loved being with you girls all week! and hope your flying high in the sky on your way to hold all da babies!!!