Monday 22 June 2009

Choir Conductor

Once there was a feisty, type A girl who took over a high school choir. Talented and determined she pushed and sometimes pulled those adolescant kids into performing. Inspiring her charges she brought fun back into touring and made mail call unforgettable for all. Her dedication to the high schoolers extended beyond just the choir duties but to their lives and all the possibilities ahead. She pushed and goaded and chastised them to live up to ideals and high expectations. Her approval and wisdom was sought in all things from relationships to spiritual matters. And her sincerity and challenge to each person in her care continued on even after they graduated and moved forward in life.
I remember rowdy practises, shopping for outfits and then long performances in those outfits, posing for 'the poster' pictures, Lord I lift your Name on High (with actions) performed about a billion times...
but mostly I remember her, introducing each piece of music or entire musical, smiling as she faced us and conducted, in everything a determination to carry it thru to it's end with energy and heart.
And now, even this specific section is coming to a close, although I highly doubt that this is the last choir or musical endeavor for such a gifted lady. 10 years is an amazing contribution and I am just lucky enough to have been a part of her work. A thank-you doesn't even cover it. So while she is moving on and also saying good-bye and letting go of the 'first' choir that she put her heart and soul into; just thought I'd 'blob out' that I for one and grateful and humbled to be called a 'His Singer'....
proud of you girl...I hope this helps me get a free CD when your album is ready:)

No comments: