Sunday 1 March 2009

horrible no good very bad week...with major exceptions...but still...

monday, cold, bitterly cold and had to study for my nursing midterm...but I capped off a week of running 25k's (during the week not that day) felt pretty good about that and had gotten a b in my nutrition midterm things didn't start out that bad....
tuesday, crash, found out I failed an assignment for the nursing class right before writing the midterm...basically I was so traumatized, I totally didn't think I was going to fail the assignment but I failed it, really really failed it...
wednesday...totally lamed out of running cause I was kinda like, why am I here, can i do this, should I drop the course? am I dumb? nursing sucks. I want to be a nurse. My prof hates me and I feel like crap...basically I think thats what I thought about all day wednesday....
plus random things have been happening on the floor that are making me so annoyed and the girls...woke up to someone crying on the floor phone right outside my door and I think it had something to do with not getting into a pub because she forgot proper ID...can I just say, I felt like that was a lame thing to wake me up for...also cliquiness is starting to be evident and I feel bad for the girls who are left out and get frustrated with the whole, this is my life for the next 4 years...dorms and girls and cliquiness and awkward friendships and why can't everyone just be friends....so thats been interspersed with the whole everydayness of it all...
thursday, worked on my paper for nursing all day ( I am trying to get it done early and then running it by my prof) see if the prof likes it...am nervous about that...I hope she will look at it and not blow me off...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and then grey's was a rerun...
may I add that I went off coffee and now get headaches usually in the afternoon evening for a bit because I am super religious and observe lent...my grandma bailey wrote me about observing catholic traditions when I told her about lent, so I wrote back and said I am anglican and observing church traditions...
friday I lamed out on running and did the eliptical, Oh and the most embarrassing thing was that I was all by myself in the gym and I had to fart so I did, 2 seconds later a guy walks in and gets on the tread mill RIGHT beside me...I was considering telling him to leave for a couple minutes before starting to inhale and then I decided I don't have that much courage, blast him, let him run...and he did and it was awkward and I finished my lame workout and left and thought, It could only happen to me...then I went to University of manitoba library for a source for my paper and almost froze BUT linds was with me and the bus ride back was so nice and we talked and I was full of the spirit of friendship and lent and then I went to work and my first table didn't tip me...humbug
saturday I was up at 4am and sick and nauseated and not sleeping then did nothing till i went to catch the bus for work, and the bus was a 1/2 hour late and I froze and by the time I got to work, snot was running down my face and all over my gloves (yuck) and there was the music producers and his latest group of musicians in the booth by the bathroom ( they all smelled like teenage male cologne) this is my life and I should just know that i am bound to these sort of awkward situations. anyway I cleaned myself up and eventually got to work, Linds was closer and she was so good to me-in letting me ditch early for the bus, but I lost my earing -the one I never take out of the top of my ear on the way to the bus so I was madly searching for it and missing a bus go by and I never found it, it's gone, I lost it...and the stupid bus, anyway, i did finally get back to the dorm (1:30am) and decided to not leave my room and encounter the cold cruel world for a day...
that was my week....I did however get 2 emails from my fav cousins...yes, you are my favorite cause you wrote and they were long and newsie (or just plain demanding, which was hilarious) and just reminded me that someone loves me and although my nose is perpetually large and round and running here in winnipeg, they don't care...I also got a card from a friend and one is one the way from my other favorite cousin...yeah!!!!
so I need to actually learn to be more lentish in attitude and not just in practice....and also I need to beef up my running so I don't feel lame about that...and I had a gaither band party with my friend Rachelle...so positives in the midst of crisis week...I also want to add that I think the 2 month lull has set in where I start to look around and decide, wow, i just moved, started school, changed my life, what was I thinking??
I am tired now, I need a nap

4 comments:

doulagirl1 said...

Sorry to hear about your rough week Maria. Did you manage to finish your paper ahead of time to have your prof look it over? How did your prof respond to your paper? Hang in there Maria...

Lindsey said...

mia, i'm sorry your week was so lame. but i love working with you, thanks for the card!

middie said...

I actually talked with my prof and she is going to look at the paper and I am glad I went and talked with her cause she was super sweet about it...still waiting on the midterm mark though...eeeks

Kim said...

hope this week is looking better. LOVED the gym story! :)