Sunday 4 January 2009

They are all 12

I now live in a place called 'friendly' and so far I have found it to be quite true; my amazing friend Linds and fam are friendly, the bus driver is friendly, Adelia my advisor is friendly, Justin the 18 year old student is friendly...I also go to an 'innovative' school; waiting for the bus in -30 weather was innovative for me, so was buying a wire for my internet connection, as well as going to an anglican service this morning with Sam the jewish guy who had never been to church before...hopefully some of both the friendliness and innovativeness of this place rub off on me.
The other fact of my life is living in dorms with all the freshmen...and yes, they are all wondering just how old I am...I can feel them start counting years when i say I've graduated from college before and gone on missions etc...and all of a sudden I feel menopausal...yes, I do feel a bit old at 27 when they give me that look and say-you don't look that old! But I am.
I start classes tomorrow and hopefully buy books and a bus pass and get my resume printed and organize my existence and then calm down a bit after the snow settles.
Weather wise it looks to be -28 with a wind chill of -40's all week...should be exciting...

2 comments:

Kim said...

oh man Mia, you're on an adventure! ever had one of those before??

Lindsey said...

good luck tomorrow mia! all will go well i'm sure. and i am very excited to see these highlights...