Wednesday 1 October 2008

Hospital

Well, I have been picking up shifts but the other day I came to work and found out one of the hospital staffs son had committed suicide and killed his own son too. It is a huge shock and difficult thing to process in a small community. You can't ever escape it. Everyone knows. As much as death is a sad thing. To have a grandson taken away from you so tragically is beyond comprehension.
I couldn't help think of my nephew, Simeon, who is about 2. His favorite word is spatula...he walks around the house trying to find the 'spalala'...and loves to cook and play with his pots.
How can someone snuff that out?
It is just so sad and too hard to think of picking up the peices after that.
I can't stop thinking about it.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Oh no, that's awful. I'm sorry.

Hey, I'll get to see you soon. We'll be in Three Hills in two weeks!

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh mia! that is so sad, i can't even imagine!