Friday 26 September 2008

back with a vengence

not really.
Mostly I'm just back to work. 5 people died while i was away. I walk by their rooms and yet another person is there. A new face. One lady is blind and her husband comes to see her everyday, he takes her on her walks around the halls and prays and sings while he walks her. He often tells us that their still on their honeymoon ( i think it's been at least 50 years of honeymooning) as he steers her in the right direction. He washed her eyelids every day so they wont get infected. And brings a bag lunch so he can eat with her everyday. They keep me smiling.
Actually it doesn't take much to make me smile right now...much to the delight of the staff around the hospital.
So life just keeps rolling along. It is fall though so i am gearing up for pumpkin pie and andi's baby. Can't wait to meet the new little one. I get to watch the 3 boys while she's in the hospital so that will be an exciting time:)
And, this is very exciting, I am a bridesmaid in my friend Kayla's wedding. I am so excited and blessed to know her and share in her day.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

hoot for babies, bridesmaids and cute old couples!

Suzette said...

when is the wedding and how long will you be stateside? long enough for a roadtrip???

Audra said...

Are you still planning on visiting lethbridge?
Rya asked me if i had your phone numbers, and i couldn't find them, so you should probably call him. I think he misses you. We all do.