Monday 22 September 2008

this is the tell

first off I'd like to say I asked Ken for permission to blog about him. So now I get to talk about how this all came about and maybe not have to tell the same story 100 times...maybe just once:)
So we have been writing for over a year...just friends. That whole saga is quite funny-but I told him he has to write me more than once a month now...I can do that cause I'm his girlfriend:)
So, here it goes...
I got to Singapore and found out he had already gone to bed (later i found out he was advised not to go because i would feel gross...so thoughtful:) but I gotta say i was so nervous I didn't sleep that night. That nite I was wondering what i had done...who invites some guy to go to where her parents and sister live for 10 days...who does that! But despite all my last minute nerves and the fact that I was blessed with Mount Olympus on my face (a pimple, a huge one) the first few days went so well. I have to confess i don't remember them very clearly i just remember thinking that my parents were liking him way too much and he still hadn't said anything yet. Day four, I was talking about my trip to Africa where i wanted to be a nun and start an orphanage ( back in the day:) and he said he could picture it...I pretty much thought right then that I was hooped, guys who can see you as nuns generally aren't interested in a relationship.
But at that point I decided that he was very nice and we were having fun so if nothing else came of this, at least we were friends. And then we visited my sister and her fam, can i just say that seeing him being so kind to my nephews and nieces-he even built them a sandbox-was probably that hardest because as far as i knew, he thought i would make a great nun. DANG!
But we got back to Singapore and went to the Botanical gardens and decided to sit down on a park bench and all of a sudden he was bringing up conversations and topics that were definitely surprising. I was hyperventilating and calm and excited and terrified all at the same time.
So thats it, I am somebody's girlfriend and one thing I definitely know about him is he is brave (coming over to singapore and staying with my family...). Right now he is climbing in the alps and I just finished my first shift back at work. Long distance here we come.

3 comments:

Alexandra Michel said...

HOLLA!!! i love it mia

Lindsey said...

mia, it just all so great! i love it!

Kim said...

yay! thanx for the story, so happy for ya.
PS: how did you meet?