Wednesday 19 March 2008

Eileen left mess.

okay so my new job is a gong show. I work as the secretary for a hospital, unit clerk if you will. Basically in the last 12 hours I have processed Echo's, Labs, X-ray's and even babies...yes whodda thought that babies mean 10 labels, 4 care plan sheets a ULI and mountains of charting...
Anyway, so now I call people to come fill shifts-I am not the best at phoning anyway and here I am telling people to get there butts in gear to work...so as I was writing down who I had called and who had picked up the phone and whom I had left a message for; an irate co-worker came to me with one of the sheets in hand asking what did I mean by writing by her name, 'left mess.' Where had she left a mess? Why didn't I just talk to her in person? Gong! Gong!
Well, left a mess really meant left a message and after that it was so funny but unfortunately I am still scared....
I hate paperwork...was asking my sister why I am the one taking anal retentive jobs when she could do so much better at details than myself....she told me it was because I'm single and she's married....another reason to hate singleness...tonight I don't need any reasons to hate anything!!!!!!!!
Sidenote...being like Pam and working in an office is not all I thought it would be. I hate "the office"!
so if anyone is out there and would happen to remember that there is a crazy lost and dumb girl trying to become a secretary please send up a little prayer...
this is day 2 of training, I get 4 more and then I am thrown to the wolves (doctors) and lions (patients) and bears (phones)...
but i still luv the nurses...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

oh my! sounds crazy! i know your not pam, but just so you know...it sounds like this job would make a pretty good tv show too! besides, you're way cuter than pam.

hadassah said...

oh maria, you're a workaholic aren't ya? that "left mess" story is really funny!!! too bad she got so mad at you tho. :(