Saturday 26 January 2008

ahhhhhhh

so i had a girls nite int he city today...fun times...watched 27 dresses and then said to myself..."I don't want Saul..."...it's kinda funny how many times I can laugh about that in my head....
also the fact that I am watching a chick flick and putting myself in danger of getting all, "(sigh) that is so cute, (sigh)"
well, can I just say that I feel about as ready to get in a serious relationship as an onion....
yeah, no one likes onions...
well, ok so people like onions...but they aren't exactly relationship material ok!....point made! I think....
or maybe I'm a olive cause even less people like olives....deliver me!
okay so I haven't kept up with my devo's cause now comes David...and seriously I am not really into reading about the meeting and getting to know David ( the man after God's own heart) cause I feel like I'll start being, " Oh, David! (and faint)"
cause if I keep applying this stuff to my life....it's either I'm David or someone I wnat is David...and at this point I feel more like Balaam...except I don't have a donkey...or maybe Jonah...with no boat...or whale...but there is snow.
so anyway i keep looking at Samuel 16 and then looking away...I have my bible open at the side of my bed but u think that makes it any easier to read it????
oh the hard hearted fool I am...
anyway somehow I have got to get thru the david section...maybe I should just read it for the fact that some person actually lived and did all those things...from shepherd to King...but I have this habit of turning everything into a..."Maria moment"...
actually I have been waiting for a God moment...you know like Balaam"s donkey; Jonah's whale; pillers of salt; garden of eden....I mean I don't know what it will be but I what it to swallow me up and spit me out on some far away beach...except I don't still want to be as unloving as Jonah was at the end of all that...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i want it all...the miracles and the transformation and the love of Jesus....soon but not yet...

No comments: