Sunday 16 December 2007

will all the sick people pleas go back to bed!

this week has been full of new and slightly alarming developments in my life...
first...I found out that if you get me mad enough i can be quite confrontational. Work at Subway has been a gong show...mostly the owners are never there and have decided not to hire a manager so like in judges...each man does what is right in his own eyes....
and can I just say that what is right in some people's eyes is completely irresponsible.
So anyway i was gearing up for the big confrontation where I was going to tell my boss things need to change and I am probably going to quit...yes i was that sick of high school drama.
Anyway, i did ask him to talk with me and I did confront him on some serious issues and then by the end of the conversation he was like, "I appreciate people who take responsibility and come talk to me" and he also told me he would give me the shifts I wanted and bla bla bla so basically I didn't end up quitting...I was so overwhelmed by the affirmation i never got to that part. But it was a first for me to take things to my boss and be like...here's how it is and here's how it needs to be!
the other first is probably not a first at all but it is the first time I can remember that I got so sick!
yes, projectile vomiting and all...
it was horrible
but I think I am over the worst of it...now I am just weak...very very weak...
so just thought you'd all like to know...or knew that you wouldn't but I thought I'd tell you anyway...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

way to be confrontational mia! you're amazing...and i hope you're feeling better!

The Journey to Home said...

I hope you feel better soon Miss Mia.