Saturday 8 December 2007

Birthday madness



ok, so I thought my birthday was over...but my cuz decided to really celebrate this weekend. She made alittle presentation with gifts of what I would wear on our 'birthday' date...with Rabina (my cuzin Crissy) the 'vanna white-look alike' unveiling each choice...
I had 3 doors to pick from...an evening of fantacy, drama or enchantment...pretty much I hoped the enchantment involved seeing enchanted...and so I picked door #3...
and yes, it was dinner and a movie...Enchanted here I come!!!!
among the gifts was a free make-over and hair 'do'...pampering began...
and in between all this Kath still managed to nurse her 3 month old and feed her 2 year old son dinner...super mom anyone????
then off we went to the movie...we we're going to do the movie...run home and then Kath would nurse Nikkila and we would go to dinner after that...
So the movie was very cute and I felt like I was Giselle as I stepped out of the theater and headed for the car...life is 'happily ever after' and 'true loves kiss' does conquer all....
and then the car wouldn't start. I thought about kissing the battery to start the car but I really don't want to end up with a toyota corola...
thankfully a coffee shop was next to the theater so we waited patiently for my uncle Ken to arrive to boost the battery...
then he came and we lined up the cars and everything and turned the key...and it started!
oh, my word!
Gong Show!
so now, I can't even start a car...lets just say I was feeling the fairytale feeling wear off quite fast.
but then we came home and I got to put to rock Nikkila to sleep and so I felt like I maybe am not a write off with everything...just mechanical things that help us get from point A to wherever else we want to go...
then I remembered, in Enchanted they either took Taxi's or rode a horse...sign me up fairytale
we never went to dinner...lets just say, we had already had a full evening and plenty of memories...one of the most memorable birthdays in a long time...
oh and Kath's husband Jonny is making a cheescake tomorrow...
PS I ate eggs salad for breakfast this morning and also had deviled eggs for lunch...It has been a family effort that I won't soon forget...egg it up!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awww, brings me back to the good times.....I miss you girls!

Lindsey said...

can i just say that you look soooo beautiful!

Kayla said...

I am finally catching up on your blogs you look beautiful.