Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas Wishes

well, it is that time of year. The Christmas celebrations and chocolate and movies and family time. This year I am family-ing it up with Andi and her brood of little men. They have been sick since last week, diarrhea is the latest symptom. And even though they aren't feeling all that great they are still hilarious and I enjoy them alot.
Everyday I get asked how many presents I bought for them and can we open them now??
The first time Korban (2) asked me if he needed to sing a song before he could open his christmas presents....as in happy birthday...so I told him before he opens his christmas gifts maybe he can sing away in a manger...which he then proceeded to do with great speed...and when he finished looked very hopefully towards me and the stack of presents....cute!!! but I'm tough, I told him not until Christmas. He was quite disappointed to say the least.
Anyway, went to visit a resturaunt where I used to work and of course had to bring up the fact that yes, I came home early and no I am not going to take my midwifery exam and bla bla bla bla...I am so sick of this conversation already...and then my old boss was like, "Well, you look great at least...I mean at least you don't look like you are disheartened with life"...I think she meant that by blow-drying my hair and putting make-up on I had somehow redeemed my present situation.
was I consoled? Seriously!
but it was unique...
I hadn't heard that 'encouragement' before; I mean i have heard the 'God works in mysterious ways', the 'Didn't the experience made your life richer', the 'now you are more prepared to go overseas with what to expect if everything goes wrong...' etc....
and honestly, I think that having heard the 'at least you aren't a whale' tidbit...
I can honestly say that i don't think i will ever tell somebody who's personal life is in flux that at least they still know how to put on make-up...seriously people...
so i guess this Christmas, i am trying not to dwell on the fact that life just doesn't turn out the way you wish it too. I am more focusing on the God works in mysterious ways part of life and realizing that every moment is special even if it involves you falling flat on your face in front of everyone you know and love...cause sometimes thats when you know that they truly do actually luv you.
and who knows yesterdays failures could be tomorrows surprises...
merry christmas all...
thanks for the luvin....

2 comments:

Kim said...

have a blessed christmas mia! i think you're bold to go home! have a blast with your kiddies!

Lindsey said...

merry christmas mia! you know...we need to talk again soon...and console each other on our crappy jobs...and of course, tell each other that we are at least still looking great...single or not...whatever...
tee hee hee
just kidding
thanks for always making me laugh!