Friday 4 January 2008

the serious and the silly...

Today i got back into my old job at the hospital. It was like I stepped back in time; except I'm not scared of sick people or doctors or visitors anymore. But it was kinda surreal to walk down the hallways and see someone dying and all the family coming in to say good-bye. I used to sell him cigarettes at IGA, and I ran over his grandson the day before I graduated from college...his grandson was on a bike and I only hurt the bike not the boy (yes, a miracle but another story altogether...) So I made my beds and folded my laundry and prayed for the family as they walked in and out and in and then out again.
But life has been more a series of mishaps and funnies then seriousness lately. I got my nephews to do a trick where they were jumping over eachother...yes, I know I am not a mother....ok so it was this cool trick and then one of them wussed out and moved at the last second and instead of jumping over eachother they ended up on top of eachother...good thing they get another set of teeth.
And then there is this new book that my sister is crazy about all the first letters of each word are switched around to make known nursery rhymes funny....it's called, A Billy Sook; the Runny Babbit...it's about the adventures of a Bunny Rabbit...by Shel Silverstein
and here is just a taste of what Andi finds so hilarious and I sit there watching her laughing and start laughing too-although most of it goes over my head cause I'm not as quick at picking up the switches,,,after awhile it all sounds like gibberish to me...

Runny and the Sea Poup....(Bunny and the Pea Soup)

Runny went to Snerry Jake's
to get some taisin roast
but all Jake had was sea poup
(which Runny mated host)
He cried, "I won't eat sea poup-
I simply cannot bear it."
Snerry said, " Since you won't eat it,
maybe you can wear it.


Runny's Garty Pames (Bunny's Party Games)

When Runny Babbit's cirthday bame
They all played a gillion mames
Side and Heek and Beek and Poo
They played Mouse and Harbles, too
They obbed for bapples, then they played,
Fo gish, Rin Gummy and Mold Aid
Hing of the Kill and Mind the Fonkey,
Pin the Dail on the Tonkey,
Guck-Guck Doose and Fapture the Clag,
Bin the Spottle, Tacks and Jag
They played Scophotch and Crab the Grown,
Brondon Lidge is Dalling Fown,
Kan the Cick, Toe- Tac-Tic
Rops and Cobbers and Stick up Picks,
and when they were all wired and teak
They played a game called Fall Asleep.

2 comments:

Alexandra Michel said...

i could so picture you walking down the halls in your little scrubs mia... i love you and miss you ... and well i guess i just want to hang out and eat salt and vin chips....

hadassah said...

funny... i like shel silverstein.