Saturday 8 December 2007

pre-christmas

now, I know napolean dynamite is not a traditional christmas movie BUT, can I just say it made a great end to shopping and spaggetti at my auntie's house yesterday.
Me and my cuz needed to get some christmas gifts to justify our shopping but we don't often get to go together and Jonny (her husband) took Caleb and so it was just me and the cuz and we got a little carried away...
Anyway we got to my aunties and enjoyed the christmas tree and music and baby Nikkila...and then at supper they caught me up on their week...my aunt makes funeral sandwiches when someone dies at her church...ANYWAY, someone died and I guess they planned the funeral quite late...my auntie ahad already boiled the 8 dozen eggs for the sandwhiches when she got the heads up that someone had passed away.
funny part, this past week they have been eating eggs...8 dozen to be exact...the night before I came they had deviled eggs for supper...and I guess Jonny really took one for the team. He has been eating 4-6 egg salad sandwiches for breakfast every day! Conversation digressed to being all about his clogged arteries...but seriously funny.
I decided that even though this did not happen to me it was very blogworthy...
and I was wondering why they all wanted me to have a egg salad sandwich for lunch????
then we decided to watch napolean dynamite because we were on a laughing roll...
but first a starbies run...
so someone went to get the movie while 3 of us got the coffees and then I had the brilliant idea we should wait in the car-that was not running-for the movie people...after all how long does it take to rent a movie? especcially when you know which one you want...
so we sat in a -30 C car and waited...slowly the windows started to fogg up as we sat in the frozen car waiting...and waiting...I had my latte almost done by the time the movie people...who had done some christmas shopping!!!! came back...
but in the end-who opts to sit in the not running car in the winter...??????
it took Jonny about 5 minutes to unfogg the cars and then we headed home for the laughter fest...
hours and all the extra features later...
went to bed...a satsified pre-christmas day to be had on this persons part!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

my mom loves napolean dynamite...the rest of the family never got into it as much cause she loves it enough for all of us times four! if you are ever in winnipeg you'll have to have a napolean dynamite date with my mom...she might just make you...