Friday 10 August 2007

Words i haven't said in awhile....

Lately I feel like this blog has been like wading thru emotional diarrhea for you all but hang in there...it can't get any worse...unless reading my description just put you over the edge...

Traveling. I think I've been in a car/plane/boat...my whole life....thankfully the latest version has AC. I am in Serukam with mums and Dad. We went to a bit of the 50th of berea and now are working wireless internet in the middle of the jungle. i don't mind the driving here, cause i forgot how pretty and green it is. The rice fields with the hills behind them and all crowding in around the road as you drive. Also that everyone hangs out on the road...we watch the little kids wlak to and from their schools, senam pagi...morning exercises...so many good memories...I do have pictures but will put them up later...I have driven thru anik and had chap chai at the Asia in 'pinu'...but will not make it to Jelimpo. We are going to go back to Pontianak and chill there for a bit.
Mostly it's the smells and tastes and just being here, the pictures won't do it justice and i have never really understood what this visit would be like. Or what it would make me think about growing up here...i think I thought I would crash and burn with sentiment or worse yet, get bitter and angry because it all had to end. But really, being here has made me see that I am so lucky, i was lucky to get this chance once and to come back and realize how lucky...well, now I'm just stinkin lucky. To hear words i haven't heard for so long, to see faces i couldn't even remember, to hear the jungle...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.

Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Kim said...

i'm glad the tastes and smells are good ones. enjoy being lucky! -K

hadassah said...

yay Maria! i'm so glad you got to go visit Indo. how long has it been? i looove going back & having those memories of everything you're describing (taste, smell, sight). it rocks. :) have fun!

Lindsey said...

sounds beautiful mia! i am glad you are having a good time. i miss you soooo much!