Wednesday 8 August 2007

Indonesia mera Darah Ku!!!!!

okay so we landed with a big bump bump, bang...at 8pm tonight...And first thing i did was go to the washroom after we landed and it was a squatty potty! i took a picture...
Then we went to gaja mada...a veritable palace of good food...and ate nasi chap chai and I had tea es jeruk!
I know no one understands most of these things but I just want you to know that Pontianak still smells like pontianak, and the roofs are still red, and when you go to a restaurant people still watch you eat...and they were burning their fields as we drove into town from the airport...oh and we passed the governors house, and all these buildings I remembered...
so right now I am smelling smokey pontianak and I am lovin it...
Now were at the New tribes guest house...which used to be Denny's house and the gong is still the same and we passed our old house...I fast-forwarded grade 9 in that old house! Oh the memories...Oh and the Mahkota...I am going to take a picture of it...
I'm in Indonesia!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Alrighty, so I'm DYING to see the pics you took. It has been 18 years since I've had those smells and sights. I google Pontianak on google earth, but it's not the same. Have a WONDERFUL time, and tell everyone I said hello.

Unknown said...

oh mia...I wish I could be there. I love my homeland!!!
Bring back TONS of that dodol that A Jan bought and bring me back some dirt and some smelly rubber and a rambutan and some rebung, and some pakis, and as many books in INdonesian as you can, and some cheesy dangdut music...
lv andi

Unknown said...

that previous comment was your sis andrea by the way!