Wednesday 22 August 2007

my favorite thing...

touring the creek that we used to play and play and play in...remember standing on the edge and feeling the sand fall away under your feet...i used to think that was so daring of me to keep my balance and not fall down.

a wise girl builds her castle away from the waves...
reunions call for those infamous group pictures...

me and bitsy discovering that the rock-crack is not the hole in the earth layer that's black abyss leads to the earths volcanic core...it's just a crack now, not nearly as exciting as before...
can i just say that rediscovering your youthful fears also breeds adult fears...
no more shrimp warf...the pier is gone...and we aren't even their to rejoice at this wonderful development...
but that was last week, now I'm in singapore enjoying watching War and Peace, and learning the finer points of ironing...fun times...and getting my body whipped into shape by my mother and the FIRM

3 comments:

Suzette said...

i love that first picture. i think that you should print that out and frame it. for reals:)
miss you, love you.

Rachel said...

Thank you for bringing back some memories of Pasir Panjang. I love the pictures.

hadassah said...

the Firm!!! hahahaha, i totally remember you & yr mom doing that... wow hadn't thought of that in a while! :)