Sunday 10 June 2007

life is a...blob?

Well, vaca is almost up...Naga and rice feilds and sun and a wake-boarding resort and natural hot spring will soon give way to concrete...shacks...malls...and babies:)
Not feeling ready to go back into the smog-but I have been wine and dined here in naga...fried chicken, brownies, pumpkin pie...ribs and well every good thing:) I always talk about food because food is special...
Oh had a walk down memory lane playing the game of life...what a game...I got married though...and had a big convo with Koleen about how I should be praying everyday for marriage...and then i said well, I think it's just nice to leave it in God's hands...and then she was like, well you have to make sure you let God know how much you want it...and then i went, "I feel it's more a trust and wait and see issue" and a be content with life this moment issue...and then she was like, i think you need to be more proactive! and then I said, thats a facial product I use!...and then we talked of other things...(the last part didn't happen but the whole marriage talk did...I am 25, I think people feel they need to remind me I'm single...)
But seriously it was nice to talk, and talk and talk about missions, church planting, people and then to hear about other things than birth, and get out of my own bubble.
So anyway, vaca with missionaries turns into touring the site of a huge mudslide and disaster instead of going to the beach. Singing in church, cause I'm David Enns' daughter...thanks Dad! Eating wonderful food. Having my clothes washed for me every day. And drinking refridgerated water...cold! yummy. Talking and praying and sharing and laughing and games...it has been so fun.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

love this post mia! eeek, i can't wait to see you!

Kayla said...

Ok so nothing BUGS me more then when people write LOL on their own subjects. If you are funny just be funny and I will laugh do not tell me you are attempting to be funny, that is not funny!?!?!?! Anyway I am writing LOL on this blog because you made me LAUGH OUT LOUD thanks mia enns, thank you!

Kim said...

oh wow, that is so funny and so Koleen! i'm glad you had a good vaca - you deserve it. did you meet the WT interns? we had a ton of fun last week!
enjoy smog city! -K

curverclan said...

mia,
thanks for sharing your heart on this blob!
please e-mail me because I don't seem to have the right address for you.

Veronica

lo said...

so... just wanted to say about your comment on my blob... i was shaking the whole time... NOT so brave. but thanks for the encouragement!
and as to yours... again... love to hear how you are up there. will you still be herein September? I might have a chance to sneak away for a few days... and think it would be RAD to see your life up close and personal!
and as the the single talks... i'm not sure what your Filipino friends are like... but I have never felt weirder for being single in my life!
believe me. it is NOT a crime... and if it's ever gonna happen i want it to be GOD anyways... so what rush it!
proactive is like bad prophylactic medicine. doesn't do anyone any good. in fact... can complicate things. be strong. be maria.

hadassah said...

oh maria, i hope ppl stop bugging you abt getting married! :) goodness!

glad you had a good time w/ your parents! yay, it is so fun to have laundry & meals done for you! :))