Saturday 23 June 2007

cheeky-girls

A cheeky girl with a penchant for stealing footwear...
beautiful brown eyed babe's...
Friends...
finished an almost 60 hour shift this evening. I literally begged the girls to spell me off for a bit, it's not that I mind working, it's that I really don't like dealing with labors and babies without my friends. Practicing midwifery where situations can get scary and it can be a life or death call, I learned that i like to have people i can trust around me during birth, I think I can say I learned i generally like having people around 24/7...not that I'm always 'the life of the party' but I like people. I need people.
At the clinic all the midwives bring their kids to the clinic and work as they put them down for naps or play 'we are the cheeky' girls every morning at 6am to entertain them...while the rest of us get to enjoy the disco music and laugh ourselves awake.
Maybe thats the biggest surprise about this whole trip...I luv people, any time of the day or nite...if you just give me a couple of seconds in the morning...
And getting to be around when a new little life takes the very first breath is pretty stinkin cool too.
But mostly finding that I am so blessed to have a strong family who supports me, as well as living this crazy time with some of the best people God could put in my life. Friendship.
I know somewhere mums is saying she new I had it in me somewhere:) but at the same time sometimes when you look back at a stretch of your life you try and find those people who made it easy to wake up every morning smiling, or someone to run home too, or someone to take your side even though your being a 'bit' emotional...well you can have some pretty lean stretches...but this time is not one of them. Today I am surrounded with prayer and love and even friends right here...stink, I could wake Linds up right now just to prove my point but then she might hurt me...but I know she loves me.
and yes, life is usually a dramatic spin of complete bordum and utter chaos...so grab a friend and maybe put on some disco music...it'll do ya good

3 comments:

Alexandra Michel said...

"we are the cheeky girls..who want.....ehhhhh" i wont finish that but i will say that i loved this post mia...ah im so emotional:) i love you and ilove linds too...heck throw kayla in on that

Kayla said...

As your worship leader I would just like to say I love the way you love the Lord as you serve other around you all the time. And for those of you who know Mia you know what I mean when I say ALL THE TIME. It kind of makes the rest of us look bad!!!... but I guess that is why you are the SR. Pator! I love you tons--Kayla

Kayla said...

one more thing... SAAN Are the cheeky boys???