Wednesday 30 May 2012

Sewage saga

I am not an honest person by nature, I have learnt the hard way that saying what the other person wants to hear and what actually is...is different. This has taken most of my adult life to sort out...but I always seem to fall back on the whole...they really don't want to hear this...and then misunderstandings and mudslinging ensues...speaking of mud...or sludge...or basically 'death' courtesy of my basement...where was I? oh, right...my small attempt to realign the forces of sewageness and repare the blasted clog had failed, I was upstairs blogging in the corner of my bed crying...after awhile some of my roomates came home...one by one I greeted them with...there is dragon poop in our basement and I had to touch it, confessing i also cried but adding the tragic twist of...and theres more...more...so much more of it to deal with...all my roomates were dooly shocked and might I say awed by my bravery at touching said dragon excrement, super supportive and then one of my roomies planned a 'lets do it all together' sewage clean-up party for tonight...because apparently it's not as bad when we do it all together. this party is an open invitation by the way...
anyway, before all this, I was going to update my landlord on the nature of our drain... but I just couldn't, for some reason I just wanted him to think everything was great and there was no dragon in the basement...and poor landlord was probably wondering why rent to single girls...so I finally had to update him, and the kind landlord was really understanding...I also phoned almost every plumber asking for estimates once I got the go ahead to clean the drain professionally...so basically every plumber in town has my phone number...that 'can you give me an estimate on sewage line cleaning' is a great conversation starter...there are so many things I never wanted to find out during this whole escapade....but now that I've shared all my sewage issues...it doesnt quite seem so scary, the dragon has left the building...and now I just need to clean up his mess...also i think my roomates will be extra happy that I was honest, cause now there will ba a party tonight...minus the sewage clean-up part

No comments: