Tuesday 29 May 2012

i hate this

the basement drain has been flooding when we do laundry...it's gross, i notice, all my roomates notice, but since i am the 'main' person...i don't do anything, no one does anything...i call the plumber, explain the problem, he says he can't come, and to clean the drain...by self...he says it will save me money...i think, well thats gross, but i am the main person, I can rise above this, and actually I hate having handy-men here...i hate the mts dudes, i hate the dishwasher genius, the roofers are a whole other trial...I just don't like having strangers all over the house doing whatever they want and me being...me..."Now, ma'am can you tell me your internet password?" techie person asks...
"No, I can't remember it...sorry, I'll call my roomate...ummmm...soorry..." he rolls his eyes...
what I really wanted to say was..."I entered the password a year ago into my computer and it's automatic now, why in the world would I keep the original paper with the password for when the internet gets disconnected...this is the first world, the internet should NOT disconnect!"
so now, back to the plumber who won't come and me with a coat hanger, to unplug the drain...the metal coat hanger is alot harder to bend out of shape than they let you think...took me a full 15 minutes to figure out I am the weakest person alive...finally I am ready to open the drain and inspect the damage...
apparently a dragon poops in our basement.
the foulest most odeous looking sludge greated me...the pure heinousness of it made me gag...and I am pretty good with smells...
i never got to the coat hanger part...i just started crying and ran upstairs....i am still crying and hating the fact that i have to go back down there...and deal with the sludgge of death...and maybe I will put it off one more day, until I by a face mask or something...I hate this so much...my nose hairs hurt, I am sure some of them singed right off it was so horrid

No comments: