Thursday 12 April 2012

what a mess...

I will be the first to admit that I am not cut out for sales...it's just not me...sometimes I wonder if it's cause I'm not outgoing...that people intimidate me is a definate minus...or that I don't trust that I can offer advise and input stylewise...or that fact that I can't talk people into doing anything I want, I am not very convinsing, I hesitate alot, I fumble for words, I blank, sometimes I can't even win me over...or maybe, maybe it's cause deep deep down I really honestly think they'll be just fine without any product from the store...

my current manager really worried that I wouldn't hack it...she made me her special case and never failed to remind me how to sell, sell, sell...only recently do I have her approval but it's been over a year...she told me I grew into sales...I personally don't think so, I think I have just learned to fake, fake, fake my way to being in retail...people buy things, there has got to be someone behind the till to ring up the purchase right...well, right now it's me...

anyway retail is ubber high turnover...no one stays...but here I am, the unretail, retailer...staying...ahhhhhhhh I just told my boss I would take on more responsibility in order to get more hours over the summer...mostly I said that cause everyone is quitting and I feel sorry for her...I had a mini panic attack today thinking about becoming some crazy retail managerial person...why do I say things I don't mean?...why do I say them to my boss?...I feel like I just sold something...myself...for way too cheap.

No comments: