Thursday 9 February 2012

How many?

How many of your Dad's co-workers ask you what you want for your dad? How many people ask you what you want for your dearest people for that matter? How many people are concerned with not just getting to retirement but how you do once your there, and what your going to look back on...

My dad constantly apologizes for the things he hasn't or can't give me...but it's what he has given me that I want to write about.What I learned to appreciate about him...is his vision. I get to watch, understand his journey through life as an adult, dreams and visions and goals he has...he communicates so well, and wants me to know how he is doing...he may not evangelize the taxi drivers, but he does evangelize me, just by the way he lives... I know I have needed it.

then there is that other thing... because he is my father and I am like him, well...I worry...he worries, i worry...usually it's about everything, sometimes for me...about him...

So the other day, I was talking about ministry (my Dad's) worrying for him and wondering if he was worrying about his ministry too...wondering if he is happy, wondering if he is fulfilled...and then his coworker, and friend...asked me what do i want for Pap's...and I realized I don't actually want my Dad to just ease through the next few years, or carefully transition through ministies...Da, I just want you to love where you are, to see the potential and also bleed through the mundane...I want you to get so caught up in what your doing that it's hard to leave, I want you to leave it all on the feild...and then...whenever it's done...you can wonder in your funny way, how it ever happened to you in the first place...

Mostly I was touched by your friends care for you, and then I just thought I should blob to you:) thank-you for the more...I want that for you too...

No comments: