Tuesday 3 January 2012

List

go on a swim with Dad...check

being taken care of by mum and dad...seeing mum and dad...being spoilt for 3 weeks...check

ride the MRT...check

walk to the beach a few times...check

sunburn...check

eat durian...check

buy sprinkles for andi, and coffee mugs too...check

eat Indian curry, prata, beryani...check.

make bagels, biscotti...check

go to Indonesia..eat Indo food, speak indo, stay in a hotel, jump on the bed, all you can eat breakfast...check

meeting Wendy's Eman...check.

eat Peking Duck...check

Chinatown...check

motorcycle ride...check.

Things I wasn't expecting were reading the biography on Bonhoeffer, watching Sherlock Holmes and War Horse, going to Kareoke and singing Taylor Swift, seeing the Logos and getting a tour, Christmas with the Kirkley's (long-time family friends), tea time with Uncle Soh and Anne, the AC quitting (in Singapore the AC NEVER quits!), singing in Indonesian at the Christmas service with the Indonesian maids in a kabaya (thanks mum:) meeting and being a part of a whole mission trip and spending 7 days trying to interpret Indonesian (which I can't even speak that well)...so on top of my favorite things I got a few surprises thrown in too...hurray holiday:) Oh and Fondue with Adam and Betina...Thank you mum and Dad for my very amazing and extravagant holiday...I luved every minute...loove:) if you ever want me to come again...anytime...'can, la'...:)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Mia, it sounds like you had the best time! I'm so glad!
I can't wait to see you, have a safe trip home!