Monday 14 November 2011

unka flew...

When Ry was putting up all those pictures of old slides on facebook of the 'good old day's...I got caught up in one of you wearing plaid pants...looking so young...super shy...and thought about how amazing that boy turned out...your such an inspiration and example to me. I hope you know your one of my hero's...I can't be there to hug you right now...so am sending my love and prayers and hugs the only way I know how...my little blob shout out...I luv you unka flew...



you will always be

tuna sandwiches

mayonnaise please

don't forget the pickles!

french vanilla coffee

watching biography

at one time, however

you, a young man wearing plaid pants

with longish hair,

hanging over the collar

shy eyes and a smile

that's who you were

in pictures I've seen

but to me

you will always be


a loving father

giving a goodnite kiss

to a teenage boy, who

wore red coloured eye contacts

had black nail polish on

just a reminder you were there

if he wanted to talk about it


a husband of many years

building crafts for the

Christmas bake sale

after work for 2 weeks straight

only to give all credit away

"She is the most amazing woman."

you would say,



you can charm anyone

in your gentle way

make strangers smile

even the grocery store cashier

who is having a bad day


you bring the news

in pictures everynite at 5

even traveling to Africa

and bringing it back

I saw a continent

captured through your eye's


the care you show me

even as I moved away

your attentiveness

kind remembrances

brought back the best of days

this is the portrait that I see

this is what you will always be

No comments: