Sunday 30 October 2011

fact: sometimes when I am too happy I am so annoying even I am annoyed at me

Today.
Today was a good day. I didn't cry once-which is pretty new for this semester since I have been crying almost everyday. School is hard and I have an old brain that is finding it impossible to retain information...anyway today was a good day but it didn't start out the best... I didn't go to church today. Sorry mam and papa...it sort of happened by accident...let me explain...
I decided to wake up at 7am this morning to rake the lawn (it seemed like a good idea at the time), and when 7am came and my alarm went off...it was still dark outside so I decided raking leaves was a dumb idea for 7 in the morning on sunday (which most people would have come to alot sooner than I did...but sometimes I think me not thinking it's dumb is quite clever of me...and then I feel so proud of myself until I realize that actually everyone else really is right, and I am dumb-probably shouldn't have shared that on the world wide web...)...so I shut off the alarm and went back to sleep...just for a few minutes...then it was 10am...magically, just like that. Since I was going to the R's for lunch I decided I didn't need to start getting ready for another hour...and I rolled over and slept in some more...finally I got up.
I decided to try and look like i had gone to church so I put make-up on, then some more, more more and finally by the time i got the text that Linds and Andrew were coming to pick me up I had so much make-up on my face looked like I had war paint on. I don't need to dress up for halloween people-just give me too much time with my make-up bag and I am trick or treat worthy. The way I decided to deal with my overpainted face, was not to look at any mirrors while I was at their house...so i didn't even use the bathroom while I was there...because my face scared me a bit...I had a great time at their house...food was amazing...and of course I get to bring some home...:) I luv my relationship with the R's I go to their house, they entertain me with stories that make me laugh hysterically, feed me and then send me home with food...truly, special people:) When I got home I raced up the stairs to the bathroom...which is pretty challenging to do when you need to go i might add...and then i saw a scary face through the mirror...who is that person? how did they get in the bathroom with me? oh, right...it's me...
then, finally...I raked the lawn. I was too lazy to change so there I was, all painted up, in 'church' clothes...raking the lawn...
later, in the evening, as my roomate was working on a paper, I couldn't do homework anymore, I decided to go visit her for awhile...our house has some dimmer rooms, and she had pulled two lamps to the corner she was studying in and it sort of looked like she was on stage...I thought this was funny, so I started laughing at her...she took it quite well...because she was taking it so well,  I decided to stay and keep talking to her.
wanna do pilates?
no.
So I started doing pilates while I was talking to her, and then I started singing, while i was doing pilates, while I was talking, when she was trying to write a paper...then I felt guilty for distracting her, so I took my face, in all it's painted glory and now am here...still trying very diligently to not do anymore homework...I should probably go wash my face now...but it's still scary when I have to look in the mirror so I might not yet...I have to work up some bravery to face myself knowing I went out looking like this today...the poor R's, poor linds and andrew, poor roomie...
happy holloween from 'the face'

No comments: