Sunday 28 August 2011

Words I don't always say...

This is the best week of my life.

The other day i watched
A Father take his son to the bathroom. A grandma go on a bike ride with her grandie. A daughter-in-law prepare a feast for her entire family of in-laws. A father referee a botchie ball match. A little girl bring me a peice of her pancake, then she brought me gum, and finally some jewlery she had made. My nephew glare at me and hold that look for an entire afternoon-everytime he looked my way.
I listened to
A grandson tell his grandpa, "I love you times infinity superfast." Two uncles share their thoughts on the ways of the world, cousins talk about work and catheters, school and Germany.
"Auntie Mia, can you wake up my dad and ask him if you can warm up the pancakes...then go warm them up for me?" (no, I will not wake up your dad!)
Tonight has been full of "Who am I" the game of the week pretty much. And jokes about farting, and laughter and even singing; now i think finally there is silence. And me, in front of the computer trying to put into words how much my family means to me...

I think my sis and bro are home...time for some games...and yes, I do believe my nephew is still glaring at me in his sleep.

No comments: