Sunday 19 June 2011

A dogs life

Our next door neighbors have a dog. I'll let you happily contemplate that for a little while before I go on to explain what that means...

Today, I am writing a paper on ethics and legal implications of nursing...blah blah blah...to inspire myself I made the hugest bowl of guacamole ever...I got about 8 pages written and am now a bit unsure of how to wrap it all up...and the guacamole has disappeared! in my belly!

Back to the dog, it has the potential to be a great neighbor, it's a little short haired dog, unfortunately it has the voice of thunder. It only knows how to bark, I feel like it doesn't lack doggie communication skills however, there are no other dogs around...just people, so if it really wants to communicate that bad...learn to talk already. The other awkward reality is that the owners gave it a Portuguese name that I forgot and couldn't really pronounce in the first place...so now I can''t get it to shut up whenever it sees me...I don't know Portuguese or dog, and it refuses to shut up and let me teach it English...I say "nice puppy" in soothing tones and it just doesn't get it...so yeah, everytime I walk outside and he sees me, "BARK, BARK, BARK, BArk, BARK, BARK,..."

What does that mean, already?!?

Right now I am sitting at the dining room table, working diligently on my paper, the window is open and all I can hear is, "BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK!"

Seriously?!

which ultimately inspired this post...my neighbor, the Portuguese dog who cannot be named...

No comments: