Saturday 12 February 2011

practical jokes work out so much better in your head than in real life

i am not really a practical joker by nature, i am more the...you share what crazy stunt you just pulled and I will laugh really loud at your brilliance person...but sometimes I do small things that i am secretly quite proud of and think, now that was funny and laugh a little to myself, hehehehehe, and thats the end of it...i don't usually tell anyone because these moments of mine are usually so insignificant others would laugh at my feeble attempts into the world of pranks...so, life goes on and I laugh as I listen to others share their imaginative stories and wonder where they ever got the courage to pull some of the stunts they do...
so, now that you all know i am not a practical joker, i will share my small foray into the world of self inflicted pain by pranking someone else only to have it get turned back on me, and make me wonder...why? why did i even think i could prank someone else?
My Dad was taking all these pictures on a pretty sweet little camera during the family get together last month...all of a sudden you'd look up and there would be Dad, with the camera, catching another shining moment in the Enns family history...randomly I saw the little camera, sitting by itself without Dad the photog present and I thought, wouldn' t it be funny to take some lame pictures and when dad scrolls through his memory BOOM you have been pranked:)
most people would take a picture of the laundry chute...or the washer and dryer...sadly i wasn't thinking this whole i am taking a picture and whatever i take it of, will be given to someone else to then do with as they will...so in my less than steller practical joking mind I thought...I will take a picture in the laundry room of myself...with 3d glasses from watching narnia...and Dad will be like...did I take this picture? what? who is this?...these are some of the thoughts I had going on inside my head, so when my mother found me snapping pictures in weird glasses in the laundry room and rolled her eye's I didn't think anything of it, I was so happy in my little moment of prankdom...my mother sometimes doesn't verbalize what she is thinking, in this case it would have helped me to hear, "Dad will have a really embarrassing picture of you to distribute if you keep those on his camera." but she didn't say anything, she just went back upstairs and let me tempt fate with my inability to think things through...which brings me to today....the culmination of the prank...
today i recieved a mass extended family email from my dad, detailing the trip home and how wonderful it was, and of course including pictures...yes, one of the pictures is in the laundry room, with a strange woman in heinous glasses...next he'll probably include a picture of me in the prayer letter along the prayer request section with the caption, please pray for our third daughter in nursing school we think the stress has started to get to her.
just another reason I should not try practical jokes...ever.
and no, there will be no picture for you...until my Dad gets facebook or starts his own blog

No comments: